Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Trying to upgrade and change services BUT CANT

Well I hope someone can help here

With BT 40+ years 

I have 2 landlines both with 700min calling plans 

BB FTTH 300 Halo 3

TNT Sports HD

The bills are paid DD from my company account and addressed to me C/O my company 

I am out of contract on all products so I have been trying via 4x 1 hour phone calls to do the following 

1/ Keep one LL phone with reduced calling plan (say500) and cancel the other

2/ Upgrade BB FTTH to 500 Halo 3 (which is cheaper than my current costs) 

3/ TNT sports HD 

Cutting short the 4 x 1 hour calls and attempts the summery of what has been done and problems are as follows

They say The LL number i want to cancel is associated with my BB so i cant cancel that one?. (I have FTTH with a separate fibre )

I need a separate account set up for the LL that i want to retain so they can deal with the other LL separately?. They set up a separate account which I received a letter from BT asking me to set up a DD for? WHY ??

When i log into My BT I dont see any of the changes except for 2 accounts with limited and out of date information.

For the 3rd time I received an email re the proposals for BB FTTH 500 and TNT Sports BUT not had any "Contract" email which i was told would come through in 2 hours 

Is there anyway i can escalate this everytime i call i get a different person and a different "solution"

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Trying to upgrade and change services BUT CANT

@orientboy2000 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Residential phone and broadband customers.

This is just a customer to customer help forum, everyone here, including myself, are just customers and will not be able to deal with any issues relating to your account.

Are you a BT Business user, as there is a separate forum for that?

You cannot cancel a phone line without it ceasing the associated broadband, whether its copper or fibre.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for the reply

I don't have a business account just a account that is addressed to myself C/O XXXXXXXXX

Payments are from my Business bank account 

How can i check if its a personal or Business account?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Also I cant go on making hour long phone calls 

is there any way i can escalate this to BT i.e a email address or complaints ?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

If your account is being used for any commercial activity, then it would need to be a business account, as that would not be allowed on a residential account.

If its in the name of a business, and paid for by from a company account, then its most likely to be a BT Business account, but only a BT employee could tell you that.

You could try asking on the BT Business forum, as one of the moderators there will soon tell you.

http://business.forums.bt.com/

One of the moderators on this residential forum may reply here, but they are a small team, and very busy.

0 Ratings