cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Two contracts - EE and BT - After being told I had to switch to EE

Hi all,

I moved house last year. Upon doing so I had to move my broadband contract over to the new address. When I was doing this I was told I had to move my phone contract from BT to EE as all new contracts were being moved over to EE. I agreed to this, everything was done and was told I didn't need to change Sim Card. 

I've just realised that I have been being charged both my contract with BT and a new contract set up in my name with EE for the last year. These are for two separate numbers, my original is still with BT and the new EE contract has never been touched as I didn't know it existed until today.

Does anyone know why this has happened and what can be done to fix it?

Cheers,

ndb8810

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Two contracts - EE and BT - After being told I had to switch to EE

try phoning CS 03301234150 or you can try billing team  https://www.bt.com/help/contact-bt/account-and-billing/broadband  and they should be able to help

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

@ndb8810 

If you were still in a contract with BT, you should not have been made to change to EE, as that is a totally different company.

You would continue your existing BT contract at your new address. As it is, you are now paying for both contracts.

Bear in mind that its in the helpdesk agent`s interest to sell a new contract.

https://www.bt.com/exp/moving-home

Quote "If you choose to keep your existing package, you will need to take your equipment with you to your new home. You can continue on the same contract with the same account. Upgrading your package starts a new contract."

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

I was not still 'in contract' for either broadband or mobile both contracts initial period had expired so I was free to move. I was told that they would move everything over from my current phone e.g. number etc. to EE and I didn't need to do anything. My own fault for not checking to be honest but I just assumed as both EE and BT are part of the same parent company it wouldn't be an issue. The address on the EE account is my old address which I was moving away from which is probably why I never received any correspondence about the EE contract at all I just assumed it was all still bundled with my broadband.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

@ndb8810 

BT and EE are separate companies within the BT Group and operate independently.

If your broadband is now with EE, you need to post on the EE forum.

https://community.ee.co.uk/

They should be able to sort out the address issue, but I am not sure they could sort out the BT account, which you may have to ring up BT and cancel it.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Thanks for replying, my broadband is with BT. 

When I bought my new house I phoned up BT to move my BT broadband to the new address. This was done. At the same time the BT agent I spoke to told me that all the mobile contracts from BT will be getting moved to EE eventually and she can offer me a deal to move my mobile contract that day. I did it as it worked out cheaper and I was already going through the faff of changing the broadband to the new address. I am aware that the agents receive commission for selling new contracts. 

My issue is that the BT agent who sold me the EE contract never cancelled my BT mobile contract and moved my number to the EE contract as they said they would but set up a separate EE account with a new number instead that has remained unused as I had not been given any new sim cards or any correspondence I just assumed the contract had been changed over.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

@ndb8810 

I guess you would have to contact both BT mobile and EE mobile about this, sounds like a total mess.

0 Ratings