cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Unable to move to any other broadband supplier as my address is not on BT address database

I am unable to move to another broadband supplier as my address is not on the BT address database(whom other BB company's use prior to transfer), even though I have had BT BB for over 2 years.

Have been told by Vodaphone and other Co's, that apparently BT need to 'Run an Audit' to update the database, but Who who / what dept. do I contact ?

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Unable to move to any other broadband supplier as my address is not on BT address database

It's not BT's database that is used it is Openreach's.

If you are currently with BT call customer services  0330 1234 150and get them to raise an ORDI request with Openreach.

Message 3 of 4

Re: Unable to move to any other broadband supplier as my address is not on BT address database

@hawky99 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

What it means is that the Openreach database is incorrect, and BT Retail need to raise an ORDI request to Openreach.

Its possible the BT helpdesk may know how to do this, so give them a call first on 0330 1234 150, but first make sure that your address is correct on the Royal Mail Postcode Database.

If the helpdesk cannot help, then post back here, and a moderator should be able to help.

Message 4 of 4

Hi Keith,

Many thanks for that information, as a consequence I think now nearly sorted.

But for anyone else who may have a similar problem, the below, in a nutshell is what has to happen, to ensure your physical building/address, is matched by Royal Mail, Local Council, BT, OpenReach and BB supplier (as all used different codes, for your building !

The PROBLEM is a essentially mismatch of information between BB supplier (Vodaphone) and the Line providers (OpenReach) which is preventing an order, apparently called a 'data integrity issue'.

Now spoken to:

OpenReach - Originally said that I do not have a RM 'UPRN' number, so that's why other providers cannot transfer either find or transfer me.  - Now finally awaiting the ORDI request from BT,  so broadband providers can find me.

Royal Mail - Checked their database is correct and matches local councils dbase, and via the geoPlace website found my specific lodge's UPRN (Unique Property Reference Number) @ www.findmyaddress.co.uk/search

Vodaphone - told me to that Openreach needed to 'Run an Audit' to update their database

BT - Sent OpenReach an:  ORDI request (OpenReach data Integrity) and also corrected my postcode

.... simples  !!