cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Unidentified default on credit record, unable to dispute.

Hello,

A default of £16 appeared on my credit record from BT Consumer out of the blue with a start date of the default of 2020, for an account with a start date of 2017. I contacted BT as I believe this is an error as I never had an account from BT. BT refused to assist me. They could not identify any account with my name on the specified address and were extremely rude tbh and uncooperative. They advised to raise a dispute with Transunion.The account number on Transunion appears scrambled and i am not able to provide an account number as I never had one. They advised to raise a dispute with Transunion.  I raise a dispute with Transunion, they remived the default as a result and stated that BT has not responded to my dispute. Now, BT have just reopened the default. Yes for £16! This is sheer victimisation, putting customers in default and refusing to assist to clear it. I cant even pay regardless of whether I owe the amount or not, as I do not have an account number. I am at a loss as to why a company will be so willing to cause harm on my record and refuse to do their part to get it cleared one way or another. Any ideas on how to clear this?

Thank you!

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Unidentified default on credit record. Unable to dispute or clear.

Hello,

A default of £16 appeared on my credit record from BT Consumer out of the blue with a start date of the default of 2020, for an account with a start date of 2017. I contacted BT as I believe this is an error as I never had an account from BT. BT refused to assist me. They could not identify any account with my name on the specified address and were extremely rude tbh and uncooperative. They advised to raise a dispute with Transunion.The account number on Transunion appears scrambled and i am not able to provide an account number as I never had one. They advised to raise a dispute with Transunion.  I raise a dispute with Transunion, they remived the default as a result and stated that BT has not responded to my dispute. Now, BT have just reopened the default. Yes for £16! This is sheer victimisation, putting customers in default and refusing to assist to clear it. I cant even pay regardless of whether I owe the amount or not, as I do not have an account number. I am at a loss as to why a company will be so willing to cause harm on my record and refuse to do their part to get it cleared one way or another. Any ideas on how to clear this?

Thank you!

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Unidentified default on credit record. Unable to dispute or clear.

This seems to be an ongoing issue for many off us did you get any resolution as no one at BT seems to have an answer transunion told me definitely  a BY issue  default appeared a year ago in my credit report from a bt account at a property i left 18 years ago ! Given the Horizon scandle you think they would be more proactive to find  the issue

0 Ratings