cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Upgrade speed - ease and cost?

I have FTTP and DV.  At the moment I get about 148 Mbs download, which is pretty good.  How easy would it be to upgrade the speed - just a phone call to BT?  What kind of price increase am I looking at though?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Upgrade speed - ease and cost?

try phoning the options team 0800800030 and see what they offer to upgrade  if you don't like it don't accept and try again later

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Assuming that you're talking about line speed, bear in mind that any upgrade will likely only be seen on wired devices.

Also consider what you want the extra bandwidth for. Unless you're routinely moving huge files around your LAN or regularly downloading them, you'll probably see little to no real-world benefit.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

@rbz5416wrote:

Assuming that you're talking about line speed, bear in mind that any upgrade will likely only be seen on wired devices.

Without having any really deep technical expertise, I would check these posts which suggest one could increase their WiFi speeds substantially depending upon their package speed.

BT - WiFi speeds 

0 Ratings