cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 26

Upgraded to Halo 3, but no Smart Hub 2 sent.

Hi all, first post here

I have recently been getting really bad dropout on my wifi, and the router has been getting very warm!, have to reboot it several times a week, although the light on the hub stays blue.

I have an old Bt home hub 5, and its never been replaced.

I thought due to the age, i was probably due an upgrade as my router is clearly old..

So i signed up to Halo 3, thinking and after reading the promises, that it would come with a new smart hub and something called complete wifi? which is a seperate hub from my understanding.

The new service activated almost instantly, on the 27th Feb, and my order says complete, although i have not recieved a new hub, and believe im not getting the upgrade i thought i was being promised, so what am i actully paying for extra a month? im getting the same speed, and the same lousy wifi drop outs, and my home hub is still very very warm!

Any advise would be welcome, thanks.

0 Ratings
25 REPLIES 25
Message 2 of 26

Re: Upgraded to Halo 3, but no Smart Hub 2 sent.

If you click on the Discover BT Halo link at the top of this page you’ll see that you only get what you thought you were getting with Halo 3+. But just turn off your router, phone BT & report that it’s dead…

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 26

And if BT still won't give you one, you can buy one on Ebay second hand for pretty cheap too, as a last resort.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 26

Yeah but that's the thing when I signed up for Halo 3 it specifically said Smart Hub 2 with keep connected hybrid, and it still shows that's what I should have in my current package. 

For an extra 5.98 a month I get Halo 3 with complete WiFi. 

See below

1000015419.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 26

So, just to clarify, you haven't received anything new in the post at all from BT?

As well as the new Smart Hub itself, you should have also gotten a complete WiFi disc (I think! I don't have Halo myself so I don't know sorry), you didn't get this either?

Edit: Sorry I might be getting confused here, which package are you on now? The one on the left or the right of the picture? What confuses me is you saying "For an extra 5.98 a month I get Halo 3 with complete WiFi." so which package are you on exactly?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 26

Over a year ago I raised the issue of renewal deals showing an image of the SH2 when BT had no intention of supplying one. It fell on deaf ears.

I also recently raised that the order process for new customers seems to offer Complete WiFi & Hybrid Connect as stand-alone products outside of Halo, with much the same response.

So what you appear to have upgraded to is basic Halo3 with a stand-alone Complete WiFi add-on. So you should receive a WiFi disc & because that won't work with the HH5, you should also have received a SH2.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 26

Hi @VelocityVinnie   Have you checked your Orders, it may have got lost in the post but it should show as dispatched.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 26

The one on the left is my current package.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 26

Yep, nothing in my orders, it shows at complete.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 26

If Complete Wi-Fi is part of the deal you signed up for then you will need ths Smart Hub 2 as the discs don't work with anything less.

As painful as it can often be, you should ring Customer Service, or check on MyBT and clarify if you are paying for Complete Wi-Fi and if you are then you need them to supply the kit

0 Ratings