Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

WHAT IS GOING ON 5 MONTHS NO WIFI ?!!?

Placed an order in MARCH

- Get told 2 weeks wait time

- Update to one month

- No update for another month

- Called so many times, keep saying escalated

- Called again on month 4: said the escalations were never actually done and they cant see any

- I have been lied to for 5 months saying they are escalating while they are probably sitting there laughing every time

- WHY? just tell me what is wrong? what is causing a 5 month delay? this cannot be acceptable by such a huge company.

No one ever helps on the calls, just lies and average responses. can I get some sort of compensation for this? this is actually insane for 5 months.

Every time I call they say they have raised a case and will call me by __ day and never do, never ever.

I call the day before to ask what's happening each time and I am greeted by unhelpful staff that just get angry and say they cannot help and I should wait for the call, and then I wait and guess what?

NO ONE CALLS

WHO COULD HAVE GUESSED?

literally the worst experience ever, and they wont let me switch from fibre to normal for the mean time either, like what?

how is this allowed?

WE ARE WORKING FROM HOME, HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO DO THIS?

I am always on the phone while support is "busy" like no you are not. pick up.

You cannot contact support online, you cannot make a complaint online. just a scum move from a company like BT

Never again going with BT.

And I suggest anyone else who reads this doesn't either.

Whoever is responding to this from BT, do not give me a generic response. actually help me solve this and get answers to why there is a 5 MONTH DELAY.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: WHAT IS GOING ON 5 MONTHS NO WIFI ?!!?

Just cancel your order and try another provider to see if they can do any better.

Message 3 of 8

BT's customer service is certainly pretty abysmal and your complaints echo many others on this forum.
However, this forum is for BT customers, so you probably won't get a response on your issues "from BT". That is, unless the forum moderators (who are BT employees) pick up the matter.
I've found that I get the best response by using the Chat facility and I have been able to raise a formal complaint via this avenue. Although it's tempting to be rude to the Chat operative when you've had a bad experience, it's best to stay polite because the operative is not personally responsible for the issues you've had with BT.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

I've gone with Vodafone. They were unable to instal full fibre on the due date, so have paid compensation of c£6 for all the days before they got it connected. They've just credited me with £262, and I have full fibre now - Download over 900MB, Upload over 900 MB as well!
Compensation may be fixed by Ofcom - BT may owe you in excess of £6 per day for 5 months, say £900!!

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

"BT may owe you in excess of £6 per day for 5 months, say £900!!"

But don't expect BT to offer this - you'll have to ask for it, probably quite forcefully.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

As far as I am aware if you have not been given a specific date when you were to be connected then BT have not failed to connect you by that date as no date was given so you are not entitiled to compensation.

Message 7 of 8

If you only placed the order on the basis of connection by a certain time this may amount to an implied contract for installation. May be worth a try

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

@TimGlass wrote:

If you only placed the order on the basis of connection by a certain time this may amount to an implied contract for installation. May be worth a try

No it won't. If BT did not give a fixed installation date in the order acknowledgement then there was no date given. It does not matter that he said he wanted it installed by a particular date. It would only be valid if the date was on the order.

If what you say was "an implied contract" what ever that is, the OP then shot himself in the foot by not cancelling the order when his "implied" date was not met.