cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

What happens when upgranding

Go to solution

My contract ends in 4 days.  Type of contract not being renewed.

I am upgrading to next level.

What will happen at changeover ?  Like before, will I change the router or does engineer have to do it ?

I have recently bought four bt cordless phones.  Can I keep current landlines with new router ?

Process of changeover seems slightly confusing ?  Particularly reading dv is being delayed.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: What happens when upgranding

Go to solution

Hi @belucky22   Upgrading from what to what?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

See https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-phone-including-Digital/BT-Digital-Voice-a-better-way-to-keep-in-to...

"Do I have to take up the Digital voice service when I regrade my contract when DV is available to me? 

Generally, yes you will need to move to Digital Voice when you regrade your service."

If you end up on Digital Voice, your existing phone system will just plug into the socket on the Smart Hub 2, so you can carry on as normal.

Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Apologies should have included more detail.

Fibre. Halo 1

Full Fibre. Halo 3

We have 3 linked phones downstairs and 3 upstairs.  

I will be satisfied if I can continue to use these as I am.  The phones are recent bt cordless.  Rather than buying dv phones.  How many phones can be used as dv phones around the house ?

The router is downstairs.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution
Thanks Keith. My main concern is I have 3 phones linked upstairs and 3 downstairs. All are recent by cordless.
Will the new system support all these phones or do I need to buy additional new phones.
It is important to maintain this number of phones.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Are all the phones linked to 1 base unit or are there 3 phones attached 1 base unit and another 3 to separate base unit

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Each group has its own base unit.  

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

The simplest way is probably to get a free DV adapter from BT.  You can then connect 1 base unit to phone socket on back of SH2 and then you plug the adapter in to a power socket beside other base unit and connect base unit.  The adapter connects to the SH2 by DECT not wifi

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.