cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Why are prices always going up?

Hello all. I have been with bt for over 20 years but I am looking at leaving because of prices always going up and how bt are not loyal to there customer’s. I think bt should start looking after there loyal customers are they may find that they don’t have any loyal customers lefted.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Why are prices always going up?

The easiest way to get rewarded for your loyalty is to ring BT on 0800800030 and talk to them.

Have a good idea about what a competitor could offer you in terms of costs and services before you call and don't be afraid to walk away if you are not happy with what is offered. 

You have to be proactive these days I'm afraid, no business rewards those that are not sadly.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
Message 3 of 8

@Nick110wrote:

Hello all. I have been with bt for over 20 years

And there is the issue right there, it's simple inertia. BT (& others) put their prices up for "loyal customers" because they can. Far too many just have a whinge about it but then carry on paying. Until that changes into mass migration to other ISPs, then there is no incentive whatsoever to change. The harsh reality is that you could have switched provider at least 10 times in that period & almost certainly paid less each time. Especially so using a cashback site.

Message 4 of 8

@rbz5416  BT (& others) put their prices up for "loyal customers" because they can.

Existing customers can have the same deals as new customers, it's part of the Annual Best Tariff Notifications (ABTNs)
Price changes are now at the end of March each year, which makes it easier to budget for.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

…because, ultimately, despite all the winging and whining, people pay up.  It’s the same with every business.  They’re in it to make money and if people pay, they’ll keep taking it.  This is why they’re now talking about £7 a pint.  If you’re daft enough to pay it, they’ll quite happily take it.

Now if their customers were to leave en masse, then you might see things change.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

If you manage your contracts effectively you can get good deals. I have broadband, TV and a mobile through EE which was originally on BT Mobile, I'm paying about the same as I was 6 years ago .. probably a bit less tbh and my total package costs are about £120 per month.....

It takes me about an hour every two years 

Message 7 of 8

Hello all, has anyone got the hours the loyalty team take phone calls please?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

@Nick110wrote:

Hello all, has anyone got the hours the loyalty team take phone calls please?

Mon-Fri 8-9pm
Sat 8-8pm
Sun 9-8pm

0 Ratings