cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 15

Why has my broadband cost increased mid contract

Go to solution

I am tied into my contract til late 2025, why has it just gone up by over 10%?

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Re: Why has my broadband cost increased mid contract

Go to solution

Is it not the CPI thing that increases each April?

Just because you have a 24 month contract at a certain price doesnt mean the price wont go up every April, sadly 😕

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquity ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
Message 3 of 15

Go to solution

Most BT ‘contracts’ have a annual increase, it was inflation +3.9% , so the last increase based on that was 7.9% ( 4%+3.9% ) that has been replaced, because the regulator thinks customers can’t do maths , with a flat £* increase , so the £ amount depends on what your products are , typically £3 for broadband..the increase is applied from 31st March so show in April and onwards bills

https://www.bt.com/tell-me-more

It’s been discussed widely everywhere, so how you have managed to miss this is a bit of a mystery 

Message 4 of 15

Go to solution

Yeah mine was about £3

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquity ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
Message 5 of 15

Go to solution

Thanks. I know this happens with EE and a number of mobile companies, I wasn't aware that it was on broadband only contracts. I know what I'll be doing when it ends! Thanks all, it makes sense now.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 15

Go to solution
Yup, BT offers "fixed price" 2 year contracts that increase in price mid-term. Funny how they can change the meaning of something like "fixed price"!
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 15

Go to solution
Yes I know. This has been discussed for years regarding mobile phones but I didn't know it was also on broadband. There are providers such as tesco and others that advertise they do not do this mid term increase so I will be changing to one of them once I get the chance. Especially as BT no longer have the exclusive rights to the full fibre in my area.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 15

Go to solution

BT have never had exclusive rights to broadband anywhere, and although Tesco mobile may not have annual price rises within the initial minimum term , AFAIK they are not a broadband provider anymore.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 15

Go to solution
Ahh, but in a lot of rural areas BT is the ONLY supplier of broadband services so effectively is indeed exclusive
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 15

Go to solution
Yes, they did in my street as they laid the full fibre they are given certain exclusivity to the higher speeds and packages. As I have a landline with high speed fibre I could only get it with BT as they had 2 years rights. This was confirmed with 3 other providers and I have since met a senior BT Manager who also said this happened but ended this year.
0 Ratings