cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Will BT soon offer a 1.6Gb package?

I believe EE and BT are effectively the same company, I bring this up because I see on EE website I am offered a 1.6Gb package - yet the BT offers seem to be limited to 900Mb at the top end. 

I’m in contact until next year, but wondered if 1.6Gb is on the cards soon for BT customers.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Will BT soon offer a 1.6Gb package?

It appears to be BT policy to switch all its residential customers to EE and concentrate the BT brand on business customers.
So I think 1.6Gb will only be offered to residential customers as an EE package.
However, there have been a number of horror stories on this forum with botched switches to EE leaving customers without broadband service for up to weeks, so I wouldn't personally want to switch until forced to by BT.
Message 3 of 5

You should be able to switch to EE without penalty. But as above , it does seem to be fraught with issues & we've still seen early termination charges applied to accounts after switching. Presumably these are resolved eventually but who needs that stress?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

No point, BT are slowly phasing out Consumer Customers and eventually move them all onto EE.

If you want 1.8Gbps and it’s available you might as well just switch to EE as its basically the same thing now.

Most BT Consumer Call Centres have already moved over to EE. A mate from school who has worked in a BT Call Centre most of his adult life was tubed over to EE last year.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Do you mean TUPE? I'd love it if it was called tubed over haha..

Literally every time ive called BT ive got through to EE Customer Services, but I do not want/need to move, the 900/110 FTTP from BT has been great, I wouldnt risk it all for 1.6Gbps, if EE were offering 200 more upload bandwidth then I would but going without Internet these days due to a failed switch is not my idea of fun.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquity ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings