cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Wrong product declared on BT account

BT product incorrectly declares my home phone as Pay as you Go when I am on Unlimited  Minutes. Can’t seem to get BT to sort it

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Wrong product declared on BT account

have you just renewed your contract? now on digital voice?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

@Greensg 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

Have you recently been moved over to BT Digital Voice?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

They messed up my address with a similar address going back to 2000 which has only just come to light when the other address wanted to go on full fibre. BT renewed my broadband contract whilst trying to sort the problem without my permission. I have been on digital voice for over two years.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

No been on digital voice for over two years.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Unfortunately, all new contracts start as PAYG, and then you need to add a calls package if you expect to make a lot of calls.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Thank you for this information. BT haven’t mentioned this to me but they did put in an order for unlimited minutes to correct my package but to date it hasn’t worked. They say there is a problem in the background of my account but seemed to think it was sorted. But I rang today to say it was the same. Not sure I can try and change anything now until I hear from them again next week.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

@Keith_Beddoewrote:

Unfortunately, all new contracts start as PAYG, and then you need to add a calls package if you expect to make a lot of calls.

You can have broadband only (no option to make/receive calls) or 1 of 3 calling plans - PAYG, 700 minutes or unlimited
All new contracts start with whatever option is decided at the point of sale.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

The problem started with BT . My contract did not run out until February 2024 and I didn’t know BT had renewed my contract because of a problem they had encountered with my address and another address. They did not tell me they had renewed my contract for two years ( which was unknown to me and without my permission).  All I knew was that as a gesture of goodwill because of all the problems they caused with my account was they said they had upgraded me to unlimited minutes.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

@Greensgwrote:

All I knew was that as a gesture of goodwill because of all the problems they caused with my account was they said they had upgraded me to unlimited minutes.

That's not an option, all calling plans are chargeable, if an order has been raised to change your calling plan you'll have an email to confirm, along with the price, do you have that?

Regarding the contract, mistakes can be corrected without extending any minimum term, it would be unfair to lock you into a new contract to correct a mistake, address errors are fixed by raising an ORDI (Openreach Data Integrity) and amending the supplier side, after that your BT account would get a records only update, which has no bearing on minimum terms, products or prices.

See how you get on with the help you've requested, if you still get no success then post back and a moderator would be happy to look.

0 Ratings