cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Xbox game pass added to account without permission

Go to solution

My bill went up this month and when I logged it to check why, an Xbox pass has been added to my account in October without my knowledge - I don't have an Xbox and never have! I also received no emails about this change. 

It looks like a number of other people have had the same problem in here, and so clearly either BT have a security issue or an IT problem, or BT accounts are being targeted. I've changed my password and set up 2 step authorisation. 

After 30 minutes waiting on the support chat, I phoned customer services and spent 20 mins talking to someone to get this cancelled and my £10 refunded. They said they had no idea why this happened. 

I notice now on my account that it says the pass will end on Dec 16th. Who wants to bet I get charged for Nov-Dec too? I wonder how much money BT are making off people that overlook the extra tenner on their bill. It took me over 50 mins to resolve this when I should've been working. Infuriating! 

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Xbox game pass added to account without permission

Go to solution

Hi @kuringaichase,

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry if the Xbox Game Pass has been added to your account without your knowledge. You did the right thing by resetting your password and setting up 2 step authorisation. If you send me your details, I'll be able to get this investigated and I'll be able to ensure that there will be no further charges raised against your account.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact the team.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings