cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Xbox game pass ultimate 6 months activation problems

Hi,

I upgraded my BT Broadband to full fibre 500 which included 6 months free Xbox game pass ultimate back in June and I have never received any email regarding Xbox game pass activation, the 'add now' is on my account under my products but when trying to activate it I am met with....."

We're sorry the system is down for maintenance, you can submit your activation request by calling us on 0330 1234 150 choose option 1 and then option 2.

I've tried ringing the above number and options 1 & 2 but takes me to broadband problems and nothing to do with Xbox activation.

After reading this community forum I have noticed a lot of problems encountered with unhappy people trying to activate their Xbox game pass but with no luck.

So, this is what I am going to do if I do not receive an inbox message or a reply with an activation code for my free 6 months within 5 days......I will cancel my BT broadband account as BT has not adhered to their contract in offering me 6 months free Xbox game pass service.

I have spent over an hour on the web chat, telephoned BT and have been passed from one person to another who still can't give me an activation code. They promise you all these freebies to get you to sign up to BT and never follow through with their promises.

AWAITING YOUR SPEEDY REPLY BT.

Many Thanks 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Xbox game pass ultimate 6 months activation problems

Hi @Birani,

Thanks for visiting the BT Community.

I am sorry to hear you have been having an issue with claiming your Xbox Game Pass and when you have called and chatted you have not got it resolved yet as that should not be the case.

With what you have explained this should have been escalated to our internal Xbox team, I would suggest reaching out to our team another time and they will be to get it escalated so that you can get the offer claimed. 

Alex

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

I've been on chat to tech team, still nothing resolved
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

If you can give me contact details of the Xbox tech team, which, I can't find any details of any contact numbers or web chat for them on all of the BT website, then that would be great
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

@Birani The Xbox team are not available to call, it would be escalated to them from our technical team via a escalation form which would send your details to the Xbox team. Once that form is sent they should e-mail you a code within 5 working days. 

Alex

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Hi,
Can you escalate it for me please

Thanks
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Sorry @Birani we don't have account access to be able to send the form for you through here. 

I appreciate it has not been the best experience calling up previously, but if you get in touch with the tech team and let them know the issue they can send the Xbox escalation form off for you so you get the code sent out via e-mail within 5 working days. 

Alex

0 Ratings