cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Your BT Broadband is suspended - but bill has been paid.

Go to solution

Can someone help me out with this?

The bill has been paid and it’s now been over 24 hours.

I have tried to sort this out via phone calls and virtual message system to no avail. I am wondering if anyone here can offer some help to remove or provide guidance on how to remove the restriction. 

Thanks 🙂

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Your BT Broadband is suspended - but bill has been paid.

Go to solution

Was your bill overdue and you have now paid the outstanding amount?

If so it can take more than 24hrs before you get access back

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Bank Holiday weekend?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

This is just a customer to customer help forum, everyone here, including myself, are just customers.

The only BT Employees are the forum moderators.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks for the messages guys. Still not reconnected at 31 hours after

@imjolly - Yes it was overdue, I guess that offers some explanation on the circumstances but that shouldn’t be happening when I’ve been told 24 hours maximum. Furthermore, it has been over 24 hours now. 

@VeteranISPUser - Yes this is what I am thinking; however, the payment was made yesterday and there has been confirmation that the payment has been processed via phone call. I assume the Bank Holiday may have caused some serious delays on processing the removal of  restrictions.

@Keith_Beddoe - I know that. I’m asking for any guidance and hope a moderator sees this. As stated, I have called multiple times and tried using the online messaging system to no avail. This is me trying all available options to secure assistance with my problem.

I do think that this is just a case of slow or cursory administration. I found all the help on the online chat and on call quite perfunctory to be honest. I’m worried that this might take a while if I don’t try chase it up. We’ll have to wait and see …

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @babaji,

Thank you for posting. If your service hasn't been reconnected, it could be that they've been cease and will have to be reordered.

Did you receive any emails or letters from BT advising you that your service was stopping?

The quickest way to get things sorted is by calling BT. 

The moderation team is working through a backlog of cases at the moment. If you would like us to take a look at this for you, I'm happy to do so but it will take a few days before one of the team will get back to you.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact the team.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks @PaddyB for your response.

48 hours without internet now.

I’ve called BT again and I managed to get hold of someone who explained that there was a cease order placed at the same time as the bill was paid and so the system got confused or something and that’s why it isn’t connecting. The cease order needs to be stopped and cleared up and then we will be reconnected. They said that on their end there isn’t anything to do and we should wait another 24 hours. 

I’ll get to you in the DMs in case this situation stays in this stalemate. I’ve got a feeling that this won’t be sorted soon.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @babaji 

Thanks for sending us your details, I had a look at your account today and can see the complaints team has been in touch today and everything is now fully restored and working.

Thanks

Stuart

0 Ratings