cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

contract end date

my contract ends on the 25th january, 30 days prior to this is the 26th of december how am i supposed to ring on the 26th as its a bank holiday?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: contract end date

Why do you need to ring?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

because i want to cancel the contract because £90 for broadband is extortionate in this day and age

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

I would have thought that you can cancel by ringing them WITHIN the 30 days before expiry of your contract. It surely doesn't have to be solely on the day that is exactly 30 days before - that would be unreasonable.
Message 5 of 9

Are you moving to another provider that uses the Openreach network?

If so, you don't cancel your service, you place an order with the new provider and they do the rest.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

I'm switching over to virgin media, they have the same speed for half the price at the moment!

😁

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

I would think that you need to 30 days notice minimum, not exactly. So you should be able to cancel now.

Although if it were me I'd cancel after the Virgin service goes live in case there are issues. Better to pay double for a month than potentially have no service.

Message 8 of 9

Your BT contract just continues as a rolling monthly contract if you don't renew it.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

You could always contact retentions and tell them you plan to leave when your contract is up if they can't offer you a much better deal

They might be able to get the price down and if not you can just leave when the contract is up 

0 Ratings