Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

contract ending

hi all,

my contract ends in a weeks time and the email I received said

Keep your current contract

If you’re happy with your package, you won’t have to do a thing.

my last experience when my contract ended, this wasn't the case and I had start all over again.

do I need to contact BT to confirm that I want to stay with the same package?

thank you in advance.

@RedRider 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: contract ending

Hi @RedRider 

I think you mean that your minimum term is ending which means your contract goes on to 31 days notice contract. You don’t have to do anything if you are happy with the price.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

If you have any of the Halo packages, there's no out of contract increase, other services might though.

The easiest option is to check your recent bills, does it show a discount ? if not then the price remains the same, if it does show a discount applied, that amount will no longer be applied, which reflects the increase.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

I would phone the options team on 0800800030 and negotiate a new deal.  with all the deals on offer you probably find you can get better deal than your current package price.  make sure you are aware of BT new customer price as well other ISPs when you negotiate

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

@-Richie-wrote:

If you have any of the Halo packages, there's no out of contract increase, other services might though.

The easiest option is to check your recent bills, does it show a discount ? if not then the price remains the same, if it does show a discount applied, that amount will no longer be applied, which reflects the increase.

If it helps, I received a similar email about my Family Sim plan which is now out of contract and it still works

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

@Les-Gibsonwrote:

If it helps, I received a similar email about my Family Sim plan which is now out of contract and it still works

Sim only plans are the same, no discount applied except for the £5 BT Broadband discount, so no out of contract increase.

0 Ratings