cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

digital voice pricing hidden bonus (not for customers!)

I'm just after some clarification if possible;

I've been getting emails from BT telling me I can get a decent deal on my current contract.

I'm currently on Full Fibre 500 with Digital Voice (pay as you go) all for £49.99.

I was interested in the offer of doubling my speeds for 99p extra/month. Seems pretty good deal to me!

So I went through the process to see if it is as it seems or are there any hidden extras etc.

It looks like the angle is I can do nothing and my contract expires in December, if I stay with BT the price will increase my £6/month. OR I can upgrade now by signing up to a 24 month new contract.

It seems like broadband pricing will increase rather than decrease in the near future so yeah why not go for it.

The problem is it seems to add £2/month to any of the available options for me for Digital Voice pay as you go.

Is this now a thing? - for my current free Digital Voice package to now be £2?

My choices seem to be:

1) do nothing and my contract (Full Fibre 500 and Digital Voice pay as you go) and bill stay the same until renewal.

2) sign up now for 24 months of the same contract details that I am currently on for an additional £2/month.

3) sign up now for Full Fibre 900 and with the same Digital Voice as now for an additional £2.99/month.

Why can't I upgrade to Full Fibre 900, keep the same Digital Voice and only pay 99p/month more?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: digital voice pricing hidden bonus (not for customers!)

@Broostawrote:

Why can't I upgrade to Full Fibre 900, keep the same Digital Voice and only pay 99p/month more?

Any regrade or change of service looks at the full package, previously PAYG was given free to existing customers, it's actual price is £5 per month so you have a 100% discount, now the renewal is in discussion the discount offered is 80% off the standard pricing.

There's no way round it unless you ditch the voice element and have just a broadband only, this saves you £2 per month but you can't make/receive any calls.

Message 3 of 3

Re: digital voice pricing hidden bonus (not for customers!)

Thanks for the reply.

Yeah that is what it seemed like but I could not see it written down anywhere that that was the case.

I'm now thinking possibly due to the fact I am already a customer I can only see things from this perspective and I can't see what new customers are offered which is the full price of £5/month, which I did not know about, and makes my offer better.

I just need to decide if I really need a 'land line' for my mum to call once a week or to call the house to tell the Mrs to answer her mobile as it's on silent!

0 Ratings