cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

fibre installation date confirmed, Router / Hub and Digital phone not arrived - please help !

My installation date is the 29th Dec . Royal Mail update was 24th Dec saying that they my package and it’s on its way . I am worried the package may not turn up on time .

can the installation still take place , or should I try and move ?

will my current infinity  broadband  be switched off before the full installation including routers etc has been completed ? 

I cannot get hold of any BT a support , as apparently closed and open 9-5 weekdays . It’s the 27th today , so not sure what they are still closed 

Any help would be appreciated 

J C

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: fibre installation date confirmed, Router / Hub and Digital phone not arrived - please help !

@jazblue 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

Is this a full fibre installation you have ordered?

If it is, then Openreach will bring the modem and fit it.

Which BT Home Hub do you already have?

I would not advise that you move the date, as you could be in for a very long wait for a new appointment.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Re: fibre installation date confirmed, Router / Hub and Digital phone not arrived - please help !

RM are back to work tomorrow, so you may get it on time. But installation can still go ahead without it, you just won't be able to use it unless you can connect a PC directly to the ONT.

Highly likely the existing connection will be pulled as scheduled. So if the Hub doesn't arrive, you may need to look to picking one up locally. Unless of course you already have a Smart Hub 2 or other router with a WAN port?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Hi Keith , 

Thank you for coming back. Yes it is a Full Fibre installation, I currently have Infinity over a copper line , with. BT HUB 5 .

Royal Mail will hopefully deliver the following items 

Equipment Serial number

Alexa Advanced Home Phone
-
Smart Hub 2
+0

The HUB 5  does have a WAN port  , so as you have suggested this could be used for the installation. 

I will have to then swap over to the new Router if not here in time .

Thank you for the advise 

JC 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

It would just be the phone service that you would be without, as its the Smart Hub 2 that provides that.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Thank you for the good advise . I will keep that date , as the old Hub does have a WAN connection point .
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Ok thanks , that makes sense .
0 Ratings