cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

leaving BT but account still active

Hello my broadband has passed onto another provided this morning but my bt account is still active with a future billing date of 5 March.

shouldn't this had been disconnected. I don't want to pay twice for my broadband. How can I sort it?

Chat online is a two hour wait and the call center were useless.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: leaving BT but account still active

@riccardob 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

Did your new provider inform BT that they were taking over your service? I assume you had a copper based service like ADSL or FTTC.

If your new provider is fibre only, then this would not have happened, and you would need to ring BT and cancel your service.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

were you moving from FTTC with BT to FTTP with another provider?  were you porting your phone number?  just possible reasons the account is still running and new provider has not notified BT

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

same type of connection fibre to cabinet no engineer needed.

bt broadband has gone off and now using new provider.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Then you will receive a final bill which will include charges up to the point when you changed over. Did you used to pay your bill by monthly whole bill direct debit or quarterly?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

quarterly in advance by dd

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Then once your final bill is produced, then any credit will be refunded back to the account that your direct debit is set up for.

Wait until your final bill is produced in March, and if you still have a query, that is the time to contact BT, or post back here for more help.

0 Ratings