cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

mother in law moved into a Care Home

My mother in law is in the exact same position. She has been in a home since July and has not used the phone for a good while. We had renewed her phone and broadband thinking that we may have to install a ring doorbell for her own security but things deteriorated pretty quickly and she was no longer safe at home. 
She has been a BT customer for over 50 years. 
Is it possible to cancel without paying for the rest of the contract? 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Cancel BT Contract - my Father moved into a Care Home

Hi @PT65 and welcome to our community.

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear about your mother in law not being well. I'm sure we can help. Have you registered for Power of Attorney for her account? If not you can find details on how to do that at What Power of Attorney (PoA) does BT accept? | BT Help. Once your registered let me now and we'll take it from there.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Thank you.
My husband has Power of Attorney for Health and Care and also Property Financial. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

We haven’t registered the POA but I am already running her account under my name. My husband isn’t great at technical things

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Thanks for getting back @PT65 

I can take a look at this for you. I've sent you a private message so drop me a reply with the details. Just a heads up, we're really busy at present so it's taking longer than usual to reply but we will get to you in turn.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings