cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 12

Re: "Free" upgrade to BT Fibre 100

Hi @pitkin it sounds like an ORDI has been raised with Openreach to correct the address database already. When was that done as it normally takes around a week for that to happen?

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 12

Re: "Free" upgrade to BT Fibre 100

Finally!

After another hour and forty five minutes on the phone this morning, we have an engineer coming out in a couple of weeks.

The house name thing was the problem, but it hadn't been corrected on the system.

First guy today insisted I needed a new contract, to which I quoted the T's & C's mentioned earlier in the thread. He said that wasn't in their T's & C's. I said that it's written in black & white on the BT website and I was looking at it right now. He went and checked with someone and came back saying "That's just how it's worded. You still need a new contract as my service was changing."

After some more toing and froing I was was transferred to a very helpful man in another department who sorted the house naming thing while I was on the phone.

He then transferred me back to sales where I was told, wait for it, I need a new contract. This guy was brilliant though, he checked with a manager straight away without argument and came back with apologies saying I was correct. From there he sorted everything out within a few minutes and was spot on from start to finish.  

Hopefully the engineer won't have any issues when he arrives 🙂

Now, I get the house name problem was just an error,  stuff like that happens and sometimes it's hard to get to the bottom of these issues. Lord know I've made stupid mistakes in my time.

What's left me annoyed though, is that most of the BT staff I've spoken to would rather insist I need a new contract than give me the free upgrade to fibre 100 that is included in the package I'm paying for. The first guy I spoke to today was actually the second person to tell me "that's just the how it's worded but I still need a new contract". 

Either there's commission involved in getting people to sign new contracts (which is deceptive) or they just don't know the details of their packages (which is disappointing in that their customers have to explain it to them). 

Anyway, I thought It worth keeping this updated in case anyone else has similar issues. Thanks to those who responded to my messages, hopefully I won't have to revisit this thread again 🙂

0 Ratings