cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

returned router on 4/12/23 and told not received when i have proof of send / receipt

Hi

I keep getting texts off BT telling me to send my router back or I'm going to incur the £50 charge

I returned it all on the 4th, it was received on by BT on the 6th of December 2023, see the evidence below,  so, I  wrote to BT regarding this on 12/12/23, and had no response, its almost like they want to be a "PIA" as much as possible for leaving!

1)  BT changed my leaving date from 8/11/23 to 20/10/23 -  I alerted my new ISP who got it changed back to 8/11/23 with OR, however, I think BT's billing system thinks I left on the 20/10/23, so thinks I owe £18 when I actually owe nothing, that was the whole point of leaving on the end of the contract date, and not mid-way!

2) Returned the router, to be told 6 times I have not and have 7 days or im going to be charged £50

its a disgrace, searching shows others having the same issue!

check the TRACKING NUMBERS

no good phoning, how can i show these over a phone call - its all rigged! first ISP wanting it back!

BT returned.jpgBT receipt of router 6.12.23.jpg

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: returned router on 4/12/23 and told not received when i have proof of send / receipt

phone CS 03301234150 and  with tracking number should be able to update you account to show received

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 9

Re: returned router on 4/12/23 and told not received when i have proof of send / receipt

Ok, Ill try tomorrow when they open, ive just got a two week warning as i was posting, 2 texts this morning!
ive also got another letter to send tomorrow to be sure
thanks
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Just a quick suggestion for BT - why don't they incorporate a field in the web based return 'order' to allow customers to insert the tracking ID so they know that the customer is saying they have completed their part of the process?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

@Colin_Londonwrote:

Just a quick suggestion for BT - why don't they incorporate a field in the web based return 'order' to allow customers to insert the tracking ID so they know that the customer is saying they have completed their part of the process?

That would confirm you've sent something back, the warehouse scan them and check for damage, as well as the correct equipment being received, then update the records to confirm receipt.

BT also have a policy that if you are charged, if the equipment is received within 2 years of the charge, it's refunded.

Message 6 of 9

been on hold for over an hour on options 1=5=2

there is no button for account or billing! leads you to everything BUT!!  - if I GET THROUGH i'll probably be told to ring another number and on and on it will go....

you cant even google the actual returns address to write to them, my first letter was to BT itself, no reply!

just gunna wipe my **bleep** with fake your bills!

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

see..!!! got through - man says i cant hear a thing, i said hello he responded then said i cant hear anything and put me back on hold INSTANTLY without saying anything!! 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

this thread should be forwarded to staff...!! you have the ability, Ive worked for ISPs in call center and other roles, I cant believe forum staff only suddenly can access to your account through a PM asking when your a still using the service but still have an account!!

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

@snadge I'm sorry you're being chased for equipment that you've already returned and I would like to apologise for the problems experienced when you called.  I'll be more than happy to help and have sent you a private message so you can get in touch with your details.

Your community membership is not linked to your BT account, so we don't have access to it without asking for more details via private message. 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings