cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

BT Cloud - Can’t install Desktop PC Version

Hello. For some reason BT Cloud had stopped backing up on my PC. I chose to exit the app. I then launched it again. But nothing in the system tray. Process appeared for a moment or two in Task Manager. And then vanished. I tried re-installing using the download on the web version. Got a “BT Cloud installing window” but after about 20seconds it disappeared. The icon shortcut was on the desktop, so I tried clicking on that. Nothing happened. Any clue as to what I should try next? Tried lots of restarts, uninstalls and reinstalls.  I also checked the Win 10 image with dism and sfc. All seems okay. Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT Cloud - Can’t install Desktop PC Version

No solution to this. I’ve since reported the issue with BT. But as I’ve got two other issues with the BT Cloud lodged with the tech team (iPhone no document backup, and Android 10 not backing up (or only once after a re-install if I’m lucky) this’ll simply be added to those under one case. With of course the standard reply “ Someone from the tech team will get back to you within the next 48 Working hours” which is 6 working days in my book.  Not heard a dicky bird since. Hopeless and very frustrating. 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT Cloud - Can’t install Desktop PC Version

Good news.

This has been sorted with the release of 22.8.10 software. Eventually got a call from the Tier 2 team who said that this  updated version had been available from the end of September. They sent me a link to the new one.

Meanwhile the BT Cloud website was still offering the old broken version. It has now been corrected. 

0 Ratings