cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

BT Cloud

I downloaded BT Cloud app. I chose not to sync anything. I have uploaded media from my PCs snd want to download them b4 bt close cloud (tks bt)... Someone posted you can only delete 60 files at a time. Now I see my problem. I'm chucking the towel in but now I can't uninstall the app. It says its running but its not listed on "alt com escape" ... Help please.. 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Cloud

@bazcookwrote:

I downloaded BT Cloud app. I chose not to sync anything. I have uploaded media from my PCs snd want to download them b4 bt close cloud (tks bt)... Someone posted you can only delete 60 files at a time. Now I see my problem. I'm chucking the towel in but now I can't uninstall the app. It says its running but its not listed on "alt com escape" ... Help please.. 

That figure of 60 files at a time seemed so unlikely, so I've done a test :

Uploaded a directory containing 177 files, entered the directory and clicked the select all box. That does indeed only select those files visible on the page - couldn't be bothered to count them. Scrolled down and clicked the select all box again.  Repeated until all the files were selected then  chose delete, and all the files were deleted leaving an empty directory. Not as convenient as if select all actually did what one might expect, but it disproves the 60 file limit. Of course, with well-structured directories, that shouldn't be a problem. I don't know if deleting the root directory would work, but I don't see why not.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

@GeoffSmith  "couldn't be bothered to count them."

You don't really think I manually counted the number of files I was deleting do you? It's not necessary, after you select all files on the page and click 'Delete' a message box comes up stating that 60 files are to be deleted.

As it's not possible to select more than one screenful of files at a time then I think it's reasonable to say that files can only be deleted in blocks of 60

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

@Les-Gibsonwrote:

@GeoffSmith  "couldn't be bothered to count them."

You don't really think I manually counted the number of files I was deleting do you? It's not necessary, after you select all files on the page and click 'Delete' a message box comes up stating that 60 files are to be deleted.

As it's not possible to select more than one screenful of files at a time then I think it's reasonable to say that files can only be deleted in blocks of 60

It is NOT true to say that "files can only be deleted in blocks of 60"! Proved by my test.

I suggest you re-read my posting. I deleted all 177 files in one block

To make it simple for you - each time you page down more unselected files appear, selecting those en block adds them to the "block" already selected. Repeat until all files are selected, then delete. Of course, it might be simpler to delete directories rather than individual files.

The number of files selected appears in the top right corner :-

selected.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

BT Cloud

"60 files"

A non problem for me now.

From my dell there was a huge issue with downloading files. I abandoned it and tried the mac. The 60 file comment came from elsewhere. When I spotted the BT cloud mac  directory on finder control A outlined all files and transferred them very quickly via a usb c to a backup drive. I could then instantaneously delete them from the cloud.

Uninstalling program

BT asked for feedback and as you see from others three  BT techs could not provide a solution to uninstalling their program. The customer was  told to contact Apple.. 

0 Ratings