cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 1

BT Smart Hub 2 - Port forwarding and firewall problem

I have a question regarding opening ports 80 and 443 through the firewall so that I can check my CCTVs when I am away. It used to work very well until some recent changes.

• Before: Copper connection and BT Smart Hub (the one with a horizontal bar).
  • Now: Fibre connection and BT Smart Hub 2 (the one with a big circle in the front).

My settings remain unchanged. Here they are.

(1) Under Home > Advanced settings > Firewall > Port forwarding, I have: 

rule_name    cctv_server    80    80    80    80    TCP

rule_name    cctv_server    443    443    443    443    TCP

(2) Under Home > Advanced settings > Firewall > Configuration > Firewall, I have:

(3) Under Home > Advanced settings > Broadband > Dynamic DNS, I have:

Dynamic DNS: ON,    Username: ...,    Password: ...,    Confirm Password: ...,    Service: NoIP,    Use Multiple Hosts: NO,    host: foobar.ddns.net

I use NoIP DDNS service. Something is working. (3a) My account at noip.com does update my IP correctly. When the IP of my BT Smart Hub 2 changes, NoIP has it updated correctly. It is 86.167.xxx.xxx presently. (3b) When I ping foobar.ddns.net, it returns 86.167.xxx.xxx which indicates DNS lookup works.

(4) There has been no other changes to my cctv_server or existing devices in my home network.

Unfortunately, I cannot restore the old settings from the previous hub, apparently because they are different models. Any help is welcome.

0 Ratings