cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 34

Re: BT Virus Protect switch from McAfee to Norton. iPad Air 3 IOS 15.2.1.

Go to solution

Thanks @gg30340 .  Helpful and clear explanations in those links.

Regards

Paul

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 34

Re: Norton won’t download

Go to solution
Hello,

BT sent me a reminder letter to “Update my security package to Norton Security”. Received today.The cutoff date is 31.3.22. It will not download to my iPad which runs on iOS 15.2Tried several times but NORTON will not download to my iPad. I’ve sent feedback to BT.
Not good. Very frustrating for loyal customers. What’s happening?What’s the solution?
Regards
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 34

Go to solution

Hello,

BT sent me a reminder letter to “Update my security package to Norton Security”. Received today.The cutoff date is 31.3.22. It will not download to my iPad which runs on iOS 15.2Tried several times but NORTON will not download to my iPad. I’ve sent feedback to BT.
Not good. Very frustrating for loyal customers. What’s happening?What’s the solution?

Regards

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 34

Go to solution

@zappa wrote:

Hello,

Regards

Did you read all of this thread. The answer as to why it won't download is there.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 34

Go to solution

I find BT Moderator answer confusing , as a user of Norton 360 it works on IPads and IPhones so why does BT Norton Virus Protect not work on these devices ? Thank you

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 34

Go to solution

@Mike36 wrote:

I find BT Moderator answer confusing , as a user of Norton 360 it works on IPads and IPhones so why does BT Norton Virus Protect not work on these devices ? Thank you

Because the version supplied by Norton to BT is not compatible with iPhones and iPads. You would need to ask Norton why this is the case. 

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 34

Go to solution

What a mess, I to have had this message. Had Norton on my machines previously, slows machine down, complicated, a complete pain to get off once on. I want a simple virus protection product not all the extras such as vault… . So pleased when McAfee was option for BT. Now I’m either forced to buy McAfee to use or change to an Apple product. No doubt the bulk buying offer was too good to refuse….customer focused?????

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 34

Go to solution

Being ex BT I have also been contacted by friends complaining that their PC’s wont install Norton and now in a ‘limbo’ state despite BT experts spending hours to resolve. You can’t just assume everyone has up to date hardware to facilitate a change. Now BT has joined the download club of 85% are ok the others can leave or suffer. 

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 34

Go to solution

John,  Norton 360 protects mobile users and iPad users. Why does BT Norton not offer the same protection? 

Thank you

Mikr

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 34

Go to solution

I worked in BT product development and sadly I have to say even though the brand name is used such as Norton and Humax (You View Box) they can be BT driven firmware/software variants which remove or add functionality and features dependant on the product marketing scope. Keeps costs down. 

0 Ratings