cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 1

BT are unable to give me the xbox gamepass ultimate that I paid for

Hi,

Can someone please help me; this has been going on for months now and I must have spent numerous  hours on the phone trying to resolve the issue, but I'm getting given advice that doesn't work and today was given advice that it was a Microsoft issue not a BT issue, which is just incorrect.

Here is a timeline of what has occurred:

27/10/23 started contract for high speed fibre

30/10/23 still don't have access posted on forum: https://community.bt.com/t5/Broadband-Extras-Apps-from-BT/x-box-game-pass-Ultimate-not-available/m-p...

It was suggested that I change the username / email from my account which I did

11/11/23 had email saying subscription is ready, but only lasted a month

19/01/24 contacted BT after which btcomms send 2 emails, one say they've started xbox subscription and another email saying they've cancelled the subscription because I no longer have broadband with bt.

7/2/24 btcomms sent email saying that they believe my xbox gamepass ultimate was added fraudulently and are removing it from my account

At this point I was fed up and didn't contact BT for 2-3 months.

29/04/24 contacted BT about subscription, they sent a new code, but then btcomms cancelled it yet again straight away

Contacted them again and BT support suggested that I open a new contract and that this would sort it out so I started a new BT contract

30/04/24 received an email saying xbox subscription is ready; "You won't have to pay for it until 30 Apr 2025. After that, it'll be £10.00 a month, unless you cancel. You'll see this on your bill. "
However received another email from btcomms at exactly the same time saying "We've stopped your monthly subscription to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. This is because you no longer have broadband with us."

I somehow got it working (can't remember if it was by contacting BT or not)

25/05/24 received an email from xbox saying my subscription was ending soon; subscription ended on 30th May and I haven't had access to xbox since this date!

02/08/24 (today), I was on a call for 1.5 hours with BT support and I was told in the end that it is a problem from the Microsoft side and that I need to contact Microsoft support

I contacted Microsoft report and they told me:

MS Support: "BT is known of such issues and unfortunately, they’re the only ones who have access to management of their third party subscription"

me: "Can you check the last time the subscription was active and see if there is a problem with the code or the duration? I’ve already been on a call with BT for an hour and a half and over the last 6 months on numerous occasions adding up to many hours.Is there any way for you to check the subscription information i.e. was the code for a month or for a year?"

MS Support: "Last time it was active was 30th May, We can only check the code status for third party codes. Also those types of plans are managed by the third party only; we can only see if it is active or redeemed"

As you can see, I've contacted BT on numerous occassions, resulting in hours on hold and hours in conversations, being unable to get the gamepass subscription for more than a month, and have been given incorrect information saying it is a Microsoft issue, I've renewed contracts to try to get it working, changed usernames (as suggested by BT) and I'm at the end of my patience!

Please can someone from the BT side try and resolve this issue (without trying to fob me off by sending me to MS support who  have no control over this issue)

Regards

gabwyn

0 Ratings