cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

BT Cloud and the impossibility of getting advice.

I've tried, and failed to get advice from BT today; any ideas how I can get replies to my question;

(for the record, my full message transcript follows; with personal detail edited out)

BT Messaging Chat transcript

BT: Hello, thanks for getting in touch. So we can best help you today, we'll need to ask you for a few details.

Are you a new customer, or already with us?

BT • ‎12:31

Me; Existing customer

‎12:31

What would you like help with today?

Me: Technical Support

Which product do you need help with?

Me: Broadband

Please type your full name into the box below.

Me: A******** M***** M*******

‎12:32

Thank you. What's your phone number?

BT • ‎12:32

Me: 0208*******

‎12:32

Finally, can you tell me your email address?

BT • ‎12:32

Me: a**********@btinternet.com

‎12:37

Thank you for contacting us, we'll connect you to one of our Guides.

Me: I received an email saying BT Cloud was closing and as this seemed an obvious scam I sent it to the government phishing report service and deleted it.  It seems to be true.  Please repeat your advice on how I secure the thousands of documents and other items which you currently store for me?  My laptop is old, so will I need a new, more powerful device, and how do I find an alternative cloud and effect the transfer?  I am peeved, as I’ve been a BT customer for 50-55 years and have had your email and broadband since it was invented.

BT Reply 12.37
We’re connecting you to BT Chat. We use these conversations for training, monitoring and to improve our customer service. If you need to share personal information, please wait until you’re connected to one of our advisers who will be able to explain the safest way to do so. See bt.com/privacy-policy for information on how we use your data.

Me 12.43
So when will you reply? Do I wait? Or will you email or ring me?

Me 12.50
Ten minutes have passed so I guess you're too busy to reply? Drop me an email when you are able to help; Thanks,  ***********@btinternet.com

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT Cloud and the impossibility of getting advice.

Message 100 of the following link has a copy of the email you assumed was a scam.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Broadband-Extras-Apps-from-BT/BT-Cloud-is-closing/td-p/2394468/page/10

The email copy and the rest of the thread may answer your questions.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT Cloud and the impossibility of getting advice.

Hi @AlexMac, sorry you didn't get reply when you contacted on the Message service. 
You may have already found this information on the first post on the thread @gg30340 has mentioned. For guidance on how to download your files from the Cloud check out Download your files from BT Cloud | BT Help

If you've any further questions post back and let us know.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings