cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Bt Wi-Fi persistent error message message not trusted

Recently I have been experiencing issues on my iPhone saying that the geotrust certificate for Bt Wi-Fi is untrusted

basically I have complete fibre package and use the Btwifi app while out to connect to the hotspots 

I have installed the profile via the app onto the phone 

worked fine at first but I’ve now had to remove the profile and forget Bt Wi-Fi networks just to stop the error messages

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Bt Wi-Fi persistent error message message not trusted

I have resolved this issue I had to disable apples privacy settings seems they are incompatible makes sense apples obsession with hiding you and shielding you from being tracked stops the hotspots from identifying you as a rightful user  therefore not entitled to use the security certificate well that’s my theory and no problems since 

more confirmation in my mind that common sense has been lost on the privacy bandwagon 

when will it become apparent to the technology companies and legislators that sometimes companies install trackers / cookies for good reason to make things work

not to spy on us because we are all so interesting and intriguing where is the option to just say I don’t care about you cookies but this notification really annoys me so stop hitting me round the head with it!

Tags (2)
Message 3 of 7

Thanks for telling us about your fix for this issue. It would be good to know what BT say about how iPhone users should solve this problem.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

@housefarmnew wrote:
Thanks for telling us about your fix for this issue. It would be good to know what BT say about how iPhone users should solve this problem.

Don't know what BT would say about what is an Apple issue but I would say get an Android phone!

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

@housefarmnew  All I can say is no problems since and I had a engineer out recently mentioned it in conversation and agreed logically hiding your ip would prevent the network from identifying you as a person with credentials to be on the network

@gg30340 

i am considering it they are so stubborn minded that apple is right and everyone else is wrong only reservation I have is my last journey away from iOS wasn’t great I took an huawei p20 just before trump kicked up his anti China kick   Resulting in the android updates via huawei going strange  

saying that my iPhone hardly functions in a useful way anymore last update killed mobile banking 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Thanks for these replies. I have downloaded and installed the profile using the BT Wifi app now and hopefully I will succeed in connecting to the internet at a BT WiFI hotspot next time I try. Accessing the the BTWifi and BTWifi-X networks is now working fine on my home BT router. FYI I am running iOS 15.5 on my iPhone 7 Plus and have no trouble with mobile banking. Swings & roundabouts 😉
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

If it’s working right you should auto connect seamlessly whenever in range it’s a good system when outside settings don’t get involved the mobile banking issue is not the app as such but pre update I could pay credit card via mobile banking app ie press one button in credit card app that would go to safari but if app installed would redirect to the app now however refuses to acknowledge I have the app my guess privacy setting isolating one side of phone from other 

0 Ratings