cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 2 of 11

Can't get Xbox 12 month free pass, please help

called 8 days ago to activate game pass as I keep getting the 'system is down for maintenance' error. Was told code would be sent within 7 days by email. 7 days later, haven't received email. Please send me an activation code in this forum via private message. I've seen some moderators doing this. Thanks.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11

Re: Xbox Games Pass Issues "Unable to process your request. Please try again."

Hi Katie. I have the same problem. Can't get the Xbox 12 month pass online. Rang customer service and was promised activation code would be sent in a week. 7 days later, still have nothing. Please can you send me the activation code on this forum via direct message? I've seen some moderators be able to do this. Thank you.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Re: Can't get Xbox 12 month free pass, please help

Hi there @Stollen25 

Thanks for posting on the community. 

I'm sorry we have no access to individual accounts on the community to send a Game Pass code. 

This can take 7 working days after the team have sent the webform to the relevant team to be resolved, was this 8 working days ago that you called? 

Leanne 🙂

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

It has been 8 days, but not working days. When I rang they didn't mention working days. Please can you forward my question to the Xbox/ partners/ technical team. Surely they just need to send an email to me, it seems strange that it takes a week. It's really stressful as a customer having to chase this when the offer to us was 3 clicks through our BT ID account, and we would have the pass immediately.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Hi there @Stollen25 

Sorry this would take 7 working days, could you let me know if you don't have the Game Pass after this time and we will certainly help you further 🙂

Leanne. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

I have just looked at my call history. I was wrong, this is working day 8. I rang on Mon 23rd September. So this is working day 8. You say you can help now. What can you do today? Can you get the Xbox team to ring or email with the code please 🙂

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Hi @Stollen25 

I have sent you a private message for some details 🙂

Leanne.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

I'm having a similar issue. I have received an email telling me to claim my game pass via the link in the email or in my account, but still I receive the error stating the service is down for maintenance using both methods. I've already contacted support twice to get this far, but it just feels like I'm going round in circles.  

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Hi @Amymoo 

Welcome to the community. 🙂

When you called, did they send a request off for the code to be sent? If they did, you should receive the code within seven days.

Chris

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Hey @Christopher_G 

Thank you for the welcome and the response!

Yeah, support advised I would receive an activation code withing the next 7 days, and today I received a text message and an email with details on how to claim (which gives me the maintenance error), but no activation code.

Does the code come later?

0 Ratings