cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Cannot log in to BT.com

Go to solution

I've got a problem logging into My BT. 

After entering my user id and password I was taken to the change password screen. I did this then went back and logged in and again was taken back to the change password screen. Tried again and the same thing happened again. I was going round in a loop.   

I reported the problem on 16th Feb and am still waiting for it to be cleared. I've had a couple of texts and phone calls asking for more details. But I've looked at the screens more closely and noticed that when I click on "Forgotten your login details" takes me to the change password screen with the url: https://my.bt.com/ where I change my password but when enter my user id and password on the My BT screen I'm taken to   https://www.globalservices.bt.com/ which I'm told is for business customers. I've been asked if I'm a business or have been in the past but I've always been a residential customer.

Anyone got an idea what the problem is? Because I cannot login this also means that BT Cloud is not working so am have to do backups to an external hard drive.

Should I expect compensation when this is finally sorted? 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Cannot log in to BT.com

Go to solution

2 suggestions:

1. Are you using a browser favourite or Google search to access the site? Try typing www.bt.com into the browser address bar and go from there.

2. Try using an InPrivate window - select the 3 dots in the top right corner, then New InPrivate Window.  Type www.bt.com into the address bar and go from there.

If #1 works then delete your favourite if you have one, and check exactly what you're clicking if you're using google search.

If #2 works then you'll need to delete the cookies from your main browser profile.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks for your reply.

I tried both options without any luck. I normally used a bookmark but since having the problem I've been entering bt.com manually.

I forgot to mention that I have the same problem on my mobile 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Could you please send me a DM with the BT ID you're trying to use (just the username, not the password). If you also have the reference for the fault you have open it'd help (but don't worry if you don't have it).

Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
Just for closure on this one - the BT ID had somehow been created with a BT Business security level on it, causing it to follow a strange path. This has been updated to the correct level, and now works correctly.