cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Connection problems with Now Tv App

I am having connection problems with Now Tv app on DTRT2100 YouView box.  Whilst watching a programme, connection drops about 3 or 4 times and then may take about 5 minutes to reconnect. I've been on to Now Tv who assure me that it's not their problem but I never have trouble watching Netflix, iPlayer or Prime Video.  My internet server is BT and I very rarely have connection problems with theur service. Does anyone have a solution please?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Connection problems with Now Tv App

Are these connection problems a loss of internet connection or the Now Tv app  buffering/stopping etc ?

Is the issue occuring with ondemand content  and/or the live channel viewing on the Now Tv app ?

Is the performance of the Now Tv App  better or worse at differeing times of the day.

Did Now TV support give any supporting evidence as to why it wasn't a Now Tv issue ?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

It's Now TV buffering and stopping. I originally had an entertainment pass and it would buffer and stop on both on demand and live tv. I got so fed up I haven't bought a pass for about 6 months but I paid for a sports pass to watch Scotland game on Friday and it was as bad as ever. It buffered a couple of times (the 4dots spinning) and just when it got to penalty shoot out the whole thing stopped and I couldn't get connected again for about 10 minutes. 

They got me to do a factory reset of box but it still buffered. Throughout, my internet connection never dropped once. It can happen at any time of day or night. They were useless and only said that problems could be caused by having too many devices connected or by downloading large files. I only had my phone connected to internet at the time. They kept insisting that it was YouView Box. 

I've tried all day to get through to BT customer services but not been able to get through so I thought I'd try here. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

that seems to suggest  to me that it is an Now TV App or a Now Tv performance issue and that the error handling/recovery needs to be improved. That is simply my speculation.

lets see if anybody else on the community has any input.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Thanks for your help. I'll try BT customer services again tomorrow.

0 Ratings