cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

EE TV app Extra

Go to solution

I am just looking at the EE TV app on my IPad. In “Device Management” it list all the devices which are registered. It states you can add up to 4 devices, but you can add up to 6 devices if you upgrade to EE TV app Extra with a link to see how. 

First of all the link says nothing about upgrading but secondly, when the BT TV app was launched there were two versions and I have email saying I have the BT TV app Extra.

So, on the regrade to EE, has the app actually changed and presumably I now have EE TV app and there is an Extra to upgrade to?

Stew

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: EE TV app Extra

Go to solution

No there are some errors with the IPad app  (4 is the max plus the Apple TV device) .I did raise on forum before Christmas and they are expected to fix this and the absence of channel numbers on their next update,

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Thank @zulu17 

Just checked the EE TV app on my iPhone and that’s saying the same?

Stew

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution
Next iOS app update is later this week ... the fix should be in that.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

@DarrenDev , thank you for clarifying.

Stew

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

the IOS update has appeared this week and has I believe cleared the App Extra issue and restored the channel numbers,

A couple of  minor observations  (believe Android and IOS) apps are similar wrt to this

1 Looks like the Last used data for the apps in device management is no longer captured and display updated , so for example my most recent registered device simply has a registration date whereas my other older registered devices have a registration date and a last used  date showing although that  last used date  is not accurate as it doesn’t now get updated.

2 the Device management section on the app refers you to ee.co.uk/tvappmanage .  That’s seems to redirect to https://ee.co.uk/help/tv-sport/manage-use which doesn’t seem to cover device management currently. @JordanTA 

Message 9 of 9

Go to solution
Thanks @zulu17 - we hadn't spotted #1. It's as a result of a back end change. They're investigating now.

For #2 the help is still being reviewed/updated - I'll highlight your point to them.