cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Halo 3+

Hi, has anyone got Halo 3+. I currently have Halo 3 with the mini hub, is the 4G connection on the EE Hybrid Connect any better than on my phone. The connection on the mini hub is virtually non existent and I only ever get 2 bars on my BT/EE Mobile in the house. Just wondering if it’s worth the extra £2 a month?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Halo 3+

I doubt anyone can answer the question, but you might get lucky.

The Hybrid device can accept additional aerials to boost signal. But BT don't supply them so you'd have to buy them yourself. How much difference they would make in your environment could only be established by trying it unfortunately.

Hybrid.jpg

Message 3 of 6

I have a very poor signal here with just 1 bar on the Hybrid device. Bizarrely the signal is actually slightly  better without the external aerials, -116dBm against -121dBm with!!

This gives me about 30Mbps. YMMV

Message 4 of 6

I have aerials I got from Amazon installed on my Hybrid Connect, I get 2 bars and -101dBm.

Connect is capped at 30Mbps max regardless of how good your 4G EE connection is.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
Message 5 of 6

It’s only supposed to be a temporary solution anyway so depends on what you need it for

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

It seems that it would actually be better just to use unlimited data from a standard Halo deal and your mobile as a 5G modem? Yes you have to phone in your fault to get it switched on, but the result will be better?

0 Ratings