cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

My bt app on android

For quite some time now, the my bt app on my pixel 6 keeps crashing at login, I’ve uninstalled it, cleared the  storage and cache, left it off the phone for over a month to ensure I have the latest version but still the same problem.

I enter my pin and get “the bt app keeps crashing”, I’ve reported it through the google App Store and contacted the developer (deafening silence there).

has anyone experienced this and found a fix

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: My bt app on android

It's probably of no consolation, but I have a Google Pixel 6 and the MyBT app Version 8.35.0 is working just fine.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Lol no, no consolation 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Out of curiosity ... @Tomg35 do you have 2 step authentication enabled?
I'm not part of the dev team for that app (they're in a different part of the company), but looking at their crash logs I can see a crash during their login process with the app pausing during login - the only reason I can think of is 2SA.

You might have some luck temporarily turning it off (log into www.bt.com/mybt, select Your Details, Edit two-step authentication settings, Your passcode settings, Switch it off). Once logged into MyBT, you can then turn it on again.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Thanks, unfortunately even after turning off 2FA the same thing happens. Works fine on my iPad though 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

OK, that's a shame. It was worth a try.

I've reached out to the dev team for comment - I can see it affecting a lot of users across a lot of different devices, so I'm assuming they already know about it, and may be able to offer a workaround.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Thank you 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Did you ever get a response on this as Im having the same problem?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Not as yet, Darren said he would raise it with the development team. If it’s any help, it works ok on iOS

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

I checked with them again this afternoon. It's still on their workstack, but it hasn't been investigated yet as they have other priority items.

I've asked if they can let me know when the bug is at least understood, so that we can see if there's a temporary workaround.