cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 1

Norton Password Manager Backup

I would like to set up automatic back up of my Password manager but I can’t find the settings tab described in Nortons various online instructions & videos online.  Basically the buttons they describe and show don't appear on my screen

I can create a backup manually but this is in html, I can't save this as a document but I have copied and pasted into XL and have it in a safe place just in case I can't access my data online (I explain what prompted me to do this below).

To be clear I would like to create a backup as a DAT or CVS file format described by Norton, preferably automatically.

Earlier this week I had a problem where I couldn’t access Password Manager on my laptop.  I spent a long time trying to resolve the problem with BT using on line chat.  Every time I clicked on the chrome extension.  I was directed to my BT login.  Following the instructions I eventually arrived at a screen from Norton asking me to create a password manager vault.  I’ve had a vault with more than 100 passwords stored ever since BT switched from McAfee.  It was clear that I wasn’t getting anywhere with BT (no reflection on the operator who I’m sure was doing his best)  so I left the chat. 

I now realise that I must have set up the Password manager directly with Norton.  I don't know how or why I did it but it could have been because as a family we needed more that one manager (no problem with TrueKey).

I’m not 100% sure what I did but I now have Password Manager working correctly on my PC, all my Passwords are accessible via the chrome extension.  The experience has led to me being aware of my vulnerability and so I tried to setup back up of my password data.

I've had 2 calls from BT, they haven't been able to help.  I tried contacting Norton directly but so far there's no response (and I'm not optimistic about any sort of reply).  I’m very confused about what support is offered by Norton and what is provided by BT. 

Anyway, as I said, I have a work around but would welcome any assistance if there is someone who knows what to do.

Many thanks,

S

0 Ratings