cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Norton password manager

Go to solution

When I go to the Norton password manager it asked for a password. When I ask for a hint (as I am not aware of having set up another password) it says ‘Secure vault was setup automatically. - use mobile app to setup your password’ a never ending circle.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Norton password manager

Go to solution

Good evening @baspep 

You are not alone! BT technical team are currently trying to resolve same issue for me. Will post on here if resolved.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Good afternoon,

I have still not been able to resolve Norton Password Manager issue. I have spoken to the technical team again today. They have been very helpful on each occasion but obviously can only advise based upon support they have been provided from Norton. All Norton have done on two occasions is re-set account. However, it still takes me to enter vault password, even though I have never been given opportunity to create one!  As I said, BT's technical team have supported as far as they can so I have no issues with them. However, Norton could have provided them with more advice to resolve. I am just going to set up another account for True Key as, for me, this worked better.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

I believe you can reset your password on the Norton Password Manager mobile app, however you need to authenticate first using a fingerprint or with facial recognition!  They don't make it easy :).  The only other option would be to enter the password incorrectly three times on your computer, it should then let you delete and create a new vault.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Good afternoon mog_catto,

Thank you, all sorted! I had tried this before but for some reason kept going straight to vault. However, I have now been taken through the full set up stages.

Many thanks, Mark

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

I am getting the same problem and had assumed that at sometime in the past I had tried Norton (I'e used Dashlane previously).

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

@Markegglestone  did you try the reset option?  It's not clear from your last post?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Apologies Navrig. Yes, I successfully deleted account then created a new one. 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution
All sorted now. Thanks for all your replies
0 Ratings