cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Norton security problems on win 11

Go to solution

Have downloaded Norton Security Ultra on PC with win 11, but in Apps it shows Norton listed but with no data showing against it.  It also does not show as a App on my pc. Have tried uninstalling it using standard unistall and also via Powershell app but to no avail. I have the Norton icon on my desktop and I can open it and start the set up process, but the program stops and a message says it cant download due to another version of Norton on my PC. Any help appreciated as my pc is not protected at present. 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Norton security problems on win 11

Go to solution

Your PC will have automatically turned on Microsoft Windows Defender antivirus if it detected that there was no valid Antivirus installed on the computer.

See link how to check.

Stay protected with Windows Security (microsoft.com)

If you check through your computers app/programs you may find that there is a trial version of Norton on the device which needs to be removed before the BT version can be installed.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Suggest you see here Uninstall your Norton device security product on Windows

Edit: Sorry, posted wrong link by mistake

Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Thank you very much Les, that was very helpful. Have managed to remove the corrupted Norton file and download Norton off the BT link.

Many thanks

Stuart Taylor

Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Thank you for that info, I didn't know that, that's reassuring. Have now managed to resolve my issue with help from Les Gibson.

Thank you

0 Ratings