cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 17

Re: Parental Controls Not Working - Frustrated with Lack of Support

Mine worked fine until March, BT told me it was a known fault and it would be fixed (and it was fixed for a short while)

Now I cannot contact anyone at BT regarding this issue.

Nothing is stopping my kids from accessing anything on the internet, so now I have to keep turning the router off

The service is not fit for purpose

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 17

Thank you, NeilO

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 17

Same problem. First raised the issue on May 11. Many phone calls later, nothing is resolved.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 17

I've now left BT as of last week due to this issue and have gone to Now Broadband,  

Pleased to say that i'm saving decent amount and more importnatly the Parental controls work as expected.

Unforgiveable for me this issue, and especially the lack of communication and support from BT

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 17

Thanks for the info and advice.

It's complicated for us because we got rid of the landline last Autumn (which may be when the problems started). I'm not sure whether you can get NOW without a landline. Do you know?

Also, we are in a 24 month contract with BT, although it's starting to look like they are in violation of its terms.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 17

No problem.

I'm not 100% sure on the landline. 

We have switched with a landline, although on pay as you go calls.  We never dial out on this but my parents still like to call me on this so there is no charge to us for it.

I was within contract for another 9 months but BT put a credit on our account to cover me for the early repayment charges, which they did without quibble, due to my unresolved complaint.

Message 17 of 17

Same here, what little help I was getting from BT stopped about a week ago

Parental controls are still not working after 8 weeks!

0 Ratings