cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Parental controls are off, but websites still blocked

Still get blocked, even though switched off. 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Parental controls are off, but websites still blocked

Check MYBT and make sure web protect is turned off

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Yes. they are off. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

What message are you getting when a web site is blocked?

Are you sure it's not your antivirus or an anti malware program that are blocking the sites.

Are you sure it's not your web browser blocking the sites? 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

It is on all devices and all browsers.  Occasionally I get the BT "allow access" window, but if I log in and choose "turn off all for 1 hour" is gives me an error saying I am not the account holder. (definitely am - can log into MyBT with same credentials).   And besides, MyBT says the PC are off.   All devices, difference browsers, and have reset router to factory settings.   Its clearly a software thing with BT, and they clearly have no idea what is wrong (based on chat with them).     

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are very busy at present so it can take up to 48 hours for them to contact you. They will do this by posting on this thread.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

@iwoodhouse welcome to the community and thanks for posting, I'm sorry to see you're experiencing problems turning parental controls off.

I've sent you a private message so you can send over your details and we'll get that looked into.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings