cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 38

Re: Public BT Wi-Fi opt out - mod please assist

Go to solution

Hi @licquorice I just followed the steps to Opt-out and it appears to have worked. It did bring me back to the home page but when I follow the steps again it gave me the option to set it up.

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 38

Go to solution

Hi @NeilO I can't get to any options to opt out, this page just loops. Tried it with Chrome, Firefox and Opera. I think @RobbieMac saw the same thing.

wifiloop.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 38

Go to solution

I had previously opted into BTWifi, although I never use it, but on checking because of this thread I am now not opted in and when I tried to opt back in I get the above screen and then it just loops.

I have no interest in being opted back in so I do not want any assistance with this. I was only trying the system to see if the problem was wide spread.

Message 14 of 38

Go to solution

Thanks @licquorice That's the opt-in page, I'll get that raised now.

Neil

Message 15 of 38

Go to solution

Thanks @NeilO 

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 38

Go to solution

I just thought I'd try the opposite to that which @licquorice tried, i.e. I was opted in and I decided to try opting out just to see if it worked and it did but for one thing.

Upon confirming that I wished to proceed and opt out, my screen flashed very quickly a couple of times and I was returned to Your homepage | My BT in an instant, there was no warning that I would be unable to use BT Wi-Fi if I proceeded and no confirmation that I had successfully opted out, it was only by going back in that I was able to confirm that I had opted out.

The hotspot itself is still active but I believe this can take up to 28 days to switch off?

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 38

Go to solution

@Les-Gibson  I don't get to the screen to make a choice. The screen I posted just loops.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 38

Go to solution

@licquorice 

The screens may be different but my point, which I acknowledge I did not make as clearly as I thought I had, is that we both encountered failure at the same stage.

Effectively this page appears to be a toggle; notwithstanding the statement you made, that fact that you were presented with the screen you posted suggests that you were already opted out and so the only option open to you was to opt in, hence the screen you saw.

I on the other hand was already opted in and so my only option was to opt out, hence I saw the screen below.

Opt-out.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 38

Go to solution

@NeilO 

A few days ago I opted out of BT Wi-Fi and the BT Wi-Fi X SSID disappeared the same day, am I correct in thinking that the BT Wi-Fi SSID, which continues to be broadcast, should also have switched off ?

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 38

Go to solution

Hi @Les-Gibson it can take up to 30 days for the Hub to stop broadcasting the BT Wifi SSID after opting out. 

Thanks

Neil