cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 15

Re: Update to BT virus protect by Norton. Server Error message

Go to solution

I have exactly he same problem. Just get server error when I follow the link to Norton. I do seem to have acquired a few BT profiled over the years. I have an email profile, a MYBT profile for bill & broadband & another for managing my email accounts !! Could this be causing the problem? If so how do I rationalise the accounts? 

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 15

Go to solution
Get in touch with virus protection team and ask them to escalate it to the advanced experience IT guys they'll have you sorted in a few hours if not before. It is possible it is because of the multiple accounts but they know what they are doing and will be able to help.
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 15

Go to solution
Many thanks
Do you know how to contact the virus protection team ?
Phil W
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 15

Go to solution

I think i had to contact the helpline who said they would look into it and then i had to wait 2-3 days while they were messing but they couldn't do it, so put me in touch with the IT guys who pretty much sorted it straight away. Just ask them to escalate to IT guys so your not faffing.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 15

Go to solution

How did you fix the SERVER ERROR Please try again or contact Member Services & Support. ? I have spent a good 8hrs live chatting with several BT agents over the last week who just give the same links to fixes that do not work. Sometimes I have had three agents in one chat. They keep promising a fix within 24hrs, then 48hr and finally 3 to 4 days, time was up today and still no fix, so no it's been escalated yet again for a third time. I get the error whenever I try to access the Virus Protect tile In My BT, Security . Or try to share my licence with another device from the Norton BT home page. 

0 Ratings