cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Should I switch from McAfee subscription to BT's Norton security products?

I am in a rural area and have Fibre to Cabinet broadband, with little current prospect of full fibre any time soon.

My BT broadband contract expires November 2024. I have three out of contract BT mobiles.

I have a McAfee Total protection subscription for 3 devices, expiring next week (end September 2024) which I pay approx £13 for annually.

Should I switch to BT Virus protect and Norton password manager in terms of cost and functionality? 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Should I switch from McAfee subscription to BT's Norton security products?

....and is migrating from one to the other straightforward?

For example...
1. Do I just do a simple uninstall of McAfee and then turn on BT Remote?
2. If I want 3 devices to be covered will I have to pay for 15?
3. Will (wishful thinking perhaps) the passwords held in McAfee TrueKey be automatically be migrated to Norton Password Manager as part of the set up?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

I used to have McAfee but it screwed up my pc because it treated attachments as viruses so I could not download them. I have used free Windows Defender for 3 years with no problems or infections.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

@edbostan- thank you for your post.

I have no problems with McAfee's product, I tolerate their customer service and I've learned to purchase annual subscriptions through third parties rather than get ripped off by dealing direct with McAfee.

How many devices - and of what type - are you protecting with Windows Defender?

Do you use any password management software?

Do you have any experience of BT's security products?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Just got the Lenovo PC with Windows Defender. When I first contracted to Halo 3 of which MacAfee was a benefit. As I had problems with it I ditched it and used Windows Defender with no problems whatever and it has protected my PC for a number of years. 

0 Ratings