cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Unable to disable public Wi-fi on Smart Hub 2

Hi all,

This seems to be a common problem. I can find no way to disable public wi-fi on my smart hub 2. I rang in to 150 and was told it is not possible, but I find that hard to believe (and didn't really see any point in arguing).

Has anyone found a way to turn public wi-fi off? If it makes any difference, my last firmware update was 15 Oct 2022.

Thanks in advance

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Unable to disable public Wi-fi on Smart Hub 2

It can't be turned off in the hub, you need to turn it off in MyBT. However, you may have noticed in the previous thread that there is currently a problem with the web page. https://community.bt.com/t5/Broadband-Extras-Apps-from-BT/Unable-to-disable-BT-Wi-Fi/td-p/2257928

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Thanks.

Perhaps if a moderator see this, they can help as they offered to do on the thread you linked. Let's see.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Have you actually tried the methods posted in @licquorice link as they may actually work for you

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Yes, I tried all the suggestions but they didn't help.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Never quite understand why the need to turn it off. It's quite a useful feature to be able to take advantage of it whilst out and about which you won't be able to do if you disable it on your account.

0 Ratings