cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Updating to Norton Security issues

Hi, I'm trying to update my security to Norton but I keep getting a server error. I am the Account Manager but it still keeps coming up with server error. I am due to update my broadband package and take out a new 24 month contract but this us really putting me off doing it.  There is very little help with the issue.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Norton install issues

Hi, Can anyone help. Each time I try to update to Norton I get a server error???? I really don't want to hang on the phone for hours trying to get help? Has anyone had the same issue? 

I am also overdue to enter into a new broadband contract but unless this is sorted I don't want to. 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Re: Norton install issues

what device are you using?

did you have McAfee installed and if so have you totally uninstalled McAfee

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Hi, I'm using Samsung tablets and phones. 

When I try to go into Manage my Bt virus protect it just advises server error.

I have been with bt a number of years but finding this change rather confusing, they didn't advise to uninstall McAfree? 

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Hi @JJDJ

Thanks for your post and welcome to the BT Community!

I am sorry that you're seeing a "server error" message when trying to change to BT Virus Protect powered by Norton.  Please follow the steps below to make sure your BT ID is set as the primary ID and try download the software again.

Please follow the steps below:

Click on Settings and Your account
Scroll down and you'll see if you're an Account holder or Account manager
Click on the "I should be the Account holder link" and follow the steps.

Also:

If you keep getting a server error when signing into the BT Virus Protect app you’ll need to go to My BT > Your Security and click Switch to Norton first.
• Go to My BT > Your Security
• Find the BT Virus Protect tile and click Switch to Norton (or if you are using BT Virus Protect for the first time, select Activate)
• Now open the BT Virus Protect app you downloaded and log in using your My BT username and password.

Post back and let me know how you get on with this.

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings