cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Xbox game pass 'unable to process request'

Hello,

I recently upgraded my broadband and have now got 6 months free of xbox ultimate game pass but every time I try to activate it I get a message saying 'unable to process your request, please try again' before I am even asked which account I want to connect it to. Please help!

Thanks 

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Xbox game pass 'unable to process request'

cant offer any help unfortunately as I am facing exactly the same issue - must be BTs systems not working correctly

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Hi @FMelville and @r4nd0m, sorry you can't claim your Game Pass online at present. 

If you are passed the 14 days from activation then 'Message us' on this link Broadband | BT Help and we'll get the Pass claimed for you.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

@JohnC2 thanks for your reply, I did reach out only to be told the following:

"In that case, we have our dedicated product expert team who will be able to claim and activate the game pass for you as they have complete access to it. I will be sharing their contact information with you

As they are not available on chats , you can call them on numbers (8am to 9pm Mon-Fri 8am to 8pm Saturday 9am to 6pm Sunday)" from the agent.

the loop continues ... lets see what they'll tell me once I receive a call back.

looking at your other participating threads it seems the redemption doesn't seem to work at all 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

ok details were taken and a form sent to xbox allegedly - may take up to 5 days to process ... I shall see.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Hi @r4nd0m thats the correct process, the Xbox team can manually claim the game pass for you and we have to raise cases by filling in a form.

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Please can a moderator request the Xbox Ultimate 6 month free pass for me?

I've wasted ages on the phone and in support chats. I'm not sure why BT have this offer if it something that's clearly so hard to fulfil.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

got a key today and redeemed it - on top of my still existing gamepass ultimate subscription.

Well needless to say this is a 1 month key that gets apparently renewed, once you redeem it the entire management of the subscription seems to transition to BT instead of directly with Microsoft.

Not sure how this will end as my subscription was still active until March 2025 and is now extended by the one month until April 2025 from when the 12-months rolling should actually start.

This could have been made much clearer as it has lead to confusion.

0 Ratings