cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Adding Big Sport on monthly basis

Go to solution

Hi, quick question. Is it possible to add Big Sport to a basic TNT Sport package (or upgrade TNT Sport to Big Sport) on a monthly basis and if so how much does it cost? Thanks.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Adding Big Sport on monthly basis

Go to solution

No.

All BT TV packages come with a 24 month contract. You could buy the Sport or Entertainment package and then flex up to Big Sport when needed, but you would need at least one constant base package.

Also, if you choose to sign up to a package at a discounted rate then choose to flex, you will lose the discounted rate.

If you want access to the sport channels through a TV Guide then you need to sign a contract with someone (unless you use an Apple TV, then you can use an app called TV Launcher).

Otherwise you would sign up for Discovery+ Premium and NOW TV sports directly on a monthly rolling basis and watch via the respective apps, enabling you to cancel, add or change monthly.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

@SteveG2460  If you are an existing BTTV subscriber then you can flex up to Big Sport from Sport on a monthly basis but you won’t get the current price of £35pm. Your options would be laid out for you in MyBT as an existing subscriber.  @stereohaven has assumed that you are not an existing BTTV subscriber and everything that he has told you is correct.

It appears to me that the price of the BTTV packages have been cut as there’s no indication that they are limited time offers. I’m hoping that the Big Sport package will still be available at £35pm when our contract’s up in April as it’s a great offer.

Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Thank you Brucemeister5. I am indeed already a BTTV/TNT sport subscriber.  

With regard to you hoping the current BigSport price is still available when your contract ends next year could you try to take out a new contract now to obtain that price? I don't know if BT do that but it would guarantee them your custom for 24 rather than just the current 6 months so they might be interested.

Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

@SteveG2460  I probably could try to renew now, but there’s plenty more to take into account besides. I’m waiting to see how BTTV develops in the coming months. We’re still waiting for BT/Openreach to offer FTTP in our village, although it’s just gone live in our street with one of the new broadband providers. I’m also keeping my eye on Sky Stream and there’s always the option of going app only with NOW and Discovery+ for watching sport. I like to keep my options open for as long as possible.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

I'm in contract to BT TV (or whatever it becomes) until early 2025, I only have the TNT Sport package with no add-ons, I use the included Discovery+ Premium to watch content on various devices, but rarely on the Pro Box itself which lives in a cupboard.

Sky Q is our daily driver with the BT TV Pro Box pulled out a couple of times a month to either watch a game on TNT Sport Ultimate (usually because the app is playing up), or to check for updates/improvements, of which there is usually nada. 

I fired it up this morning to see if anyone at BT had bothered to change the name of "Pick" in the guide to "Sky Mix". Naturally they hadn't.

I'm not a fan of Sky hardware (even Q which is showing it's age now), but the UX and access to content is impossible to beat.

Perversely, I actually like BT hardware in the main, the underlying tech in the BT TV Pro Box seems really zippy, but the UX, lack of voice commands, apps (or even decent versions of apps it does have) and the lack of love it seems to get from BT itself, makes it unusable to us currently.

I'm a big fan of the Apple TV and so I'm hoping that whatever EE TV is, some of the rumours about how it might work on that device come true, because the hardware performance and range of apps available is the best on the market IMHO.

So I am keeping my options open, things may change depending on announcements, but based on what we know today, I am highly unlikely to recontract with Sky or BT for any form of TV as my current contracts end. 

————————————————————-
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

@stereohaven why would they have changed the name to sky mix now when it doesn't change or 18th october? So naturally it has no need to have changed yet

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

My mistake then, when I was watching it earlier the DOG was Sky Mix so I assumed it had already changed.

————————————————————-