cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 29

Re: Additional Eurosport pop up channels

Go to solution

I suspect WBD have decided they need to drive traffic to Discovery+ in an attempt to boost paying uptake and the Olympics coverage is an ideal mechanism to do that. 

Having Eurosport 1 - 10 available for all the live coverage will be important to their business, so I understand the desire to do that in app.

My only complaint (as usual but to be fair they may not have published their intentions yet), is the way EE TV publicises this to their customers and makes it as easy as possible to them in front of it in the app. 

A nice bit of red button action on the Eurosport linear channels to get me directly to the content would be lovely as a minimum, but this is also where the YouView UX falls down for me in it's current format.

The Olympics and links to on demand and live content will be plastered all over Sky platforms as part of their partnership.

The EE TV experience will be the usual "meh", find it if you can paying customer... 

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | EE TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
Message 22 of 29

Go to solution
The Eurosport 1-9 channels will be available on all EE TV platforms from tomorrow. They'll be free to all EE TV subscribers on any of our current TV packages, in HD, for the duration of the Olympics.
Message 23 of 29

Go to solution

Where will they appear on the EPG @DarrenDev ? There seems to be room for them at the beginning of the 400s, but as you told us they will beHD, that would make them out of sequence.

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 29

Go to solution
Eurosport 1 & 2 will still be 412/413 (SD) and 435/436 (HD).
Eurosport 3-9 will be 480-486 (SD) and 487-493 (HD).
Message 25 of 29

Go to solution

There is evidence on advance listing/programming sites that the Olympic Games Opening Ceremony is being scheduled to be shown on on TNT Sports 1 and TNT Sport Ultimate channels on Friday 26 July as well as the Eurosport Channels. 

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 29

Go to solution

We’ve now got the additional Eurosport channels after I did a software update on our box.

Message 27 of 29

Go to solution

I believe the EPG data for the pop up channels has inaccuracies wrt live events. It looks like events are scheduled an hour ahead of when they are actually taking place. .. examples live  football and live handball on 24/25 th,.  As far as I can tell the Eurosport 1 and 2 channels schedule  and discovery+ have correct times it is the new pop up channels  eg Eurosport 5  (example Guinea v New Zealand)  in EPG at 3pm  (match is a 5pm French time kick off, 4pm  BST kick off}.  
It is as if whoever is compiling the data for  the pop up EPG are using GMT rather than BST and hence an hour out.

Message 28 of 29

Go to solution

Agreed - I've checked VirginMedia EPG which has the channels and the live games are listed with 4pm, 6pm and 8pm slots.

So an error just on the BT/EE EPG.

@zulu17wrote:

I believe the EPG data for the pop up channels has inaccuracies wrt live events. It looks like events are scheduled an hour ahead of when they are actually taking place. .. examples live  football and live handball on 24/25 th,.  As far as I can tell the Eurosport 1 and 2 channels schedule  and discovery+ have correct times it is the new pop up channels  eg Eurosport 5  (example Guinea v New Zealand)  in EPG at 3pm  (match is a 5pm French time kick off, 4pm  BST kick off}.  
It is as if whoever is compiling the data for  the pop up EPG are using GMT rather than BST and hence an hour out.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 29 of 29

Go to solution
Fortunately it has already been spotted and raised with them. There are other errors with the data too (missing images and series links).
0 Ratings