cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

Aerial signal quality

I recently upgraded my tv to a LG OLED evo and to enjoy Ultra HD via BT youview box I upgraded also to BT Pro  and changed from aerial  to internet TV, not knowing at the time can only record 2 programmes via internet TV so trying to set up tv to be able too watch additional channel via antenna  when recording, unfortunately when BT pro box is powed on  the aerial signal qualify  drops to zero %  (eg.UHF channel 25 506000kHz) when either coaxial  via pro box or direct, it appears to be when tv is receiving a signal up hdmi lead have also tried hdmi2 port. Any ideas  to solve issue

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: Aerial signal quality

Try enabling the option of ANTENNA OUT within Settings -> Picture & Sound and daisy chinning the Coax between the aerial, Pro STB and the TV.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

If you set the box up to watch Freeview channels in IP Mode then the only way to get back into off-air (aerial) mode is to plug an aerial into the box, perform a factory reset & repeat the setup process

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

The reason I accepted tv via internet to achieve  ultra hd, going back to aerial  would from what I have read from BT loose this option

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

I tried enabling 2nd connection no difference, also tried aerial   straight through quality drops once bt box is powered upand, just wandering if its induction from hdmi lead as could not use the hdmi supplied by BT as  it's to short.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

You say you are trying to access Ultra HD content, I assume this is BT Sport Ultimate?

Your subscription channels (BT Sport, NOW) are delivered via the internet and not the aerial. The aerial is only used for Freeview channels. So when deciding whether or not to use the aerial this only applies for Freeview.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

Yes that correct, but when the BT pro box is switched on ( blue light) it affecting the aerial signal strength to tv. see my original comment, other channels drops to below 50%

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

@ianhall381 

Maybe interference between the HDMI cable & the coax aerial?

Make sure they are as far apart as possible and see if that helps.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

I think you are mistaken, it's hardly likely that the box is in any way concerned about the strength of your aerial signal  when you are in IP mode, why would it be?

I suspect it's more likely that the the front end of the box (the aerial input and associated circuitry) is disabled in IP mode.

The only way you can prove/disprove it is to do a factory reset and choose aerial mode during the setup procedure as I suggested earlier.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

That is my next test, technical by the way are the cables  screened normally with an earth, if so is it from tv or BT youview box or both ,??

0 Ratings